What is DHI Transplant in Turkey?
Stages of the DHI Transplant:
The trichologist examine each of the patient characteristics, during the consultation by determining the cause of hair loss, type of hair loss, the likelihood of hair loss progression over future years, hair type (thick or thin), the patient’s expectation, age, gender, and medical history.
During the consultation, the hairline is drawn based on the natural hairline and patient wishes, and the recipient parts are determined with how many grafts are needed at each area and how many grafts can be collected from the donor site.
Extraction of the Grafts
The same as on a FUE hair transplant, in a DHI treatment we start with the extraction of the grafts first. The extraction is performed on the donor area with a micro motor device, and the grafts are collected and prepared from implantation.
- The doctor or specialist technician puts the harvested hair grafts into the Choi pen implanter.
- The hair is gently inserted into the empty needle, which is positioned at the end of the implanting pen, then returned to the specialist.
- Next, the doctor inserts the needle carefully at an angle of 40–45 degrees to the scalp. Pressing the pen plunger implants the graft.
- During the procedure, the doctors normally use a number of 2 – 6 Choi pen implanters and some 15 – 16 needles simultaneously. They move between the doctor and assistants.
Advantages of the DHI Transplant method
The best advantages of DHI hair transplant are:
- Grafts stay outside the body for less time, thus ensuring a stronger and healthier graft transplant.
- Hair follicles have the best survival rates.
- There is less bleeding during the implantation stage, compared to normal FUE.
- Less trauma during the procedure. Due to this, the blood supply to the implanted area is less affected, hence improving the quality of the transplant.
- After the operation, the recovery is faster on both areas, donor and recipient.
- There is no need to shave the implant area. Due to this, if you don’t want to change your look and keep the hair long, DHI is a more convenient procedure. However, the donor area should be shaved. Done in place, before transplanting the follicular units.
Disadvantages of DHI technique
If we compare it to FUE technique, DHI has a slight disadvantage. As it requires careful attention and accuracy during the procedure, it costs a little more. The doctor and staff members have had long-term training in order to expertise on the DHI technique. Thus, the costs are more than an FUE transplant. Yet, compared to other countries, DHI hair transplants in Turkey are still affordable when it comes to price and provide among the highest quality worldwide.
If you are planning DHI hair transplantation, please contact us! Istanbul Care is one of the best hair transplant and aesthetic clinic in Turkey and Istanbul. We offer you best hair transplant prices and best services.