Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty) in Turkey
Otoplasty or cosmetic ear reshaping surgery is a procedure to change the shape, position or size of the ears.
You may want ear reshaping surgery if you have problem with your ears, your ears sizes, your ears locations. these are the common reason of why patient come to us.
Ear reshaping, ear correction, otoplasty or pinnaplasty, is a surgery that consists in changing the size of the ears and pinning back them. Otoplasty is a safe treatment which can be performed on adults and children. It is not suggested for children under 5 years old as it poses higher risks.
In case that the shape of the ears causes psychological distress on a person, then the solution is performing an ear correction surgery. During an ear correction surgery the cartilaginous structure behind the ear is thinned.
How is Ear Reshaping Performed?
Length of Ear Reshaping surgery: Ear Reshaping usually takes between 2 to 3 hours.
Inpatient or Outpatient: Ear reshaping is an outpatient surgery.
Anesthesia: General and local anesthesia can be given for Ear Reshaping Surgery in Turkey. You can decide for it in the prior consultation with the surgeon.
Instructions for Pre-Operation
Istanbul Care’s contracted surgeons will provide and explain you the pre-operation instructions before you carry your ear reshaping in Turkey. Some of them can be:
- We recommend you have a shower and wash the hair before your ear reshaping surgery. This is done as the bandage can stay for a week.
- If you smoke, stop smoking at least a week before your ear correction surgery.
- Stop using aspirin or any other medications before the surgery.
Otoplasty, as with any other type of major surgery, has risks, including the risk of bleeding, infection and an adverse reaction to anesthesia. These risk are the common risks of all the surgery,
Other risks of ear reshaping Surgery (otoplasty)
- Scarring. While scars are permanent, they’ll likely be hidden behind your ears or within the creases of your ears.
- Asymmetry in ear placement. This could occur as a result of changes during the healing process. Also, surgery might not successfully correct preexisting asymmetry.
- Changes in skin sensation. During otoplasty, the repositioning of your ears can temporarily affect skin sensation in the area. Rarely, changes are permanent.
- Allergic reaction. It’s possible to have an allergic reaction to the surgical tape or other materials used during or after the procedure.
- Problems with stitches. Stitches used to secure the ear’s new shape might work their way to the surface of the skin and need to be removed. This can cause inflammation of the affected skin. As a result, you might need additional surgery.
- Overcorrection. Otoplasty can create unnatural contours that make ears appear to be pinned back.
Istanbul Care’s surgeons will share with you the post-operative instructions once you have had your ear reshaping in Turkey. Some of them can be:
- The recovery period is generally very short.
- You may feel soreness, numbness, or tingling in your ears after the ear correction surgery.
- There can be little bruising around the ears.
- There can be a small scar behind your ears.
- Avoid sleeping on your sides.
If you want to have ear reshaping surgery in Istanbul, Turkey plase contact us to learn our offer. Our offer includes accommodation, all transfers, all medicine and ear reshaping surgery. To learn what is the price of ear reshaping in Turkey please contact us.